Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hints

We want your hints. Do you have something that you'd like to pass on, some little bit of wisdom, maybe a "if I would have only known" piece of knowledge?

We have heard some, and this one in particular has stuck in my head. I actually heard it well before we were pregnant, but it has seemed like good advice ever since I heard it. "Make sure all your bottles, sippy cups or whatever you are using at the time are from the same company. There is nothing more frustrating than waking up in the middle of the night and finding ten different bottle tops, but none that fit!" I don't even remember who told me that gem, but thank you.

Anyway, thats the kind of good solid advice we are looking for. We'd love it if you'd share some of your best baby advice!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I don't have any advice for ya' but I did find this website and there's tons of great information that was presented in way that I had heard or read before.
http://www.birthingnaturally.net

Carrie Hutchings said...

Is Betsy planning on a natural (drug-free) birth. If so, let her know she can ask me anything. I used hypnobirthing and was able to have the natural birth I planned for. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I will think about any tips and pass them along once I can think of them.

Carrie Hutchings said...

Ok, here's a bit of advice, take all the advice you get with a grain of salt. I had a really hard time with this at first, everyone telling me how I needed to raise my baby. It can really feel (to new moms who have raging hormones going on) that well meaning advice givers are belittling and berating you and telling you that you aren't doing a good job raising your baby. But, I slowly learned to heed the advice that sounded good, nod while people gave me advice I didn't agree ith and then just ignore it, and figure out what worked for us.

Carrie Hutchings said...

Don't go crazy buying a ton of stuff (especially toys and clothes) at first. You never know what baby is going to like or dislike. So, you might spend all kinds of money on a cool toy and baby hates it. Eva is just as happy and content playing with everyday things around the house...so, lay off on the toys.

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States