Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Progress


We have been working on the nursery! We decided it is a "go" with the Wendy Belissimo blue camo crib set, so with that in mind Betsy headed on down to Home Depot to get some color patches. We decided on Bear "Boston Fern"... a nice shade of deep green. Not to deep that it makes the room feel like a cave, not to light that it isn't bold. We like it. And I got some Boston in the room, even if it isn't Red Sox oriented...

We batted around the idea of wainscoting. In the end though, we decided on a chair rail with an accent below it.

So with the room cleared out, the trim taped off, the drop cloth dropped.... we began. Betsy did the corners, Mike handled the roller and we knocked it out pretty quickly. Mike patched some holes here and there from old stuff no longer hanging on the walls (goodbye Osceola turkeys, for now!) and also touched up the original paint on the top half.

This weekend we'll install the chair rail.

6 comments:

Carrie Hutchings said...

From what you've described and what I've seen so far, I think it's going to look awesome...yep, that's right, I said awesome.

Anonymous said...

I like the green! That room looks so empty! Nice pics from email too Bets! Love you both, Em

Shelley said...

Can't wait to see what it looks like all finished!

Anonymous said...

Excellent color choice! I look forward to seeing the finished product in early October when I come! I love the baby camo theme!
128 days and counting!

Carrie Hutchings said...

Just wanted to share a site that I love with you. They have playrooms and due date clubs per month where you can talk to other mommies (so, there is a December 2009 due date club) and forums on just about anything you can think of. It's called justmommies.com.

Katie said...

looks awesome I love it!

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States