Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Names!!!

Well, although we don't know the gender of the baby, we have discussed options for names. We aren't going to tell you which ones are the winners (yet), but if you ask really nicely, well, we just might.... we are looking for a distinct name that won't be lost in the crowd, something that (hopefully) won't get mispronounced too much. How does it sound as a whole?

There's a lot that goes into a name. You don't want it to be a mouthful or too unusual. There's the initials to consider, and something without "L" since Miller already has two
Here are the contenders so far, along with a (M) if it's not Betsy's favorite, and a (B) if it's one of Betsy's but not mine...

Girls:
Savannah
Tabitha
Molly (yes I know this has a "L" but we like it anyway.)
Noelle

Boys:
Wyatt
Ezekiel
Dylan
Gavin (B)
Lance
Owen
Riley
Hudson
Blasie (M)
Quincy
Jaxson
Leopold (M)

Upcoming posts include details from the 20 week ultrasound (this is THE ultrasound where the gender can be distinguished), hints and helps, the guessing game, nursery ideas, planning and execution... so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Kasey said...

My favorite of the girls is Noelle.

My favorite of the guys....I think Dylan and Gavin. I like Wyatt and Owen too actually.

Anonymous said...

Hey brotha and sista!

I LOVE the name Ezekiel! You'd call him Zeke for short? Call me on my thoughts about Owen... AS far as girls? Tabitha is growing on me, so I'd vote for that one! Thanks for the updates Mike, I look forward to reading them! LOVE YOU BOTH, Em

Carrie Hutchings said...

I think Molly Miller is cute! And I have always loved Gavin....but I like Owen also.
I thought Eva would be an easy enough name for everyone to pronounce but I was wrong....everyone always calls her Ava or Eh-va.
So, try as you might, it seems you can never get the "perfect" name that stands out, is easy to pronounce, etc.
We had 3 girl names and 3 boy names chosen when we went to the ultrasound and when we found out it was a girl, the only name that Aaron could think of was Eva....and so she was Eva.

Shelley said...

Hey you two! Congrats on the upcoming little Miller! How exciting! You will be such awesome parents!

I love the name Molly. Molly Miller...awh! How cute is that!! And Owen is such a cute name for a boy!

smrkoster said...

Ooohh... names! We're in the names phase now too. Even though we know now - it's a boy! - we still can't trim our list lower than 20! We even have a couple that you have on your list (not telling which!)... one comment from a veteran teacher (maybe a moot point, since the 20 wk u/s hasn't happened yet, but...) I would NOT suggest the name Savannah. Certain personalities go with certain names, and this one is particularly tricky - I can give you more detail another time. :) Congrats as always! -Sondra

smrkoster said...

Ooops - forgot something: A website we've been using is http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/ It's pretty awesome and takes into account your concerns about names (which are the same as ours). If you click on a name you like, then click on the tab "Considering this name?" it will bring you to the survey of all respondents with that name as to whether they like the name, it's easy to pronounce, get misspelled a lot, they get teased for it, etc etc. Love it!

About Me

My photo
Boise, ID, United States